Warning

This blog is intended for the use and enjoyment of those over 18 years old. If you are under 18 please leave immediately, before your parents catch you.

Tuesday 29 July 2014

#Interview with Authors Maddie Taylor and Melody Parks on their Hot #NewRelease Pleasure Bay

I’m really delighted to welcome Maddie Taylor and Melody Parks here today to talk about their latest release, a joint venture, Pleasure Bay.
Of course, when two writers whose work I love get together to produce one exciting novel, I’m curious. And excited. Both of these ladies write it hot! Just the way I like it. And judging by the snippets I’ve read, they have created a paradise where all your darkest dreams come true.

Q1 Hi Maddie and Melody. Welcome to my web, oh sorry blog. It’s great to have you both here. Congratulations on what looks like one really hot new release! I have to tell you I am excited to read Pleasure Bay. I am dying to know, how did you two decide to get together on this? Can you share a little of the background and where the idea came from?

MT: Pleasure Bay was my brainchild, well with a little input from Mr. Roark and Tattoo  Do you young folks know who that is even?  Fantasy Island ring a bell? Am I dating myself?  Anyway, I started out with another partner who bowed out early.  So when I was looking for someone who I worked well with, of course, Melody came to mind.  We have been beta buddies for over a year and FB friends as well.  It was a symbiotic relationship which we hope shines through in our story.

MP: As Maddie stated, we’ve been friends for some time now and when she approached me with this idea I couldn’t refuse. I simply love her books and jumped at the opportunity to work with such a remarkable author. It was the most enjoyable 6 weeks I have ever spent working on a book.

Q2 Would you like to share with the readers (and me, because I am dying to know!), what exactly Pleasure Bay is. I know it’s a fantasy Caribbean Island/BDSM resort where your wildest fantasies can come true.  But can you give me more?

MT:  We can’t give away all of our secrets, but it is a BDSM resort, although others are welcome to come play.  In our first book, you will meet Master D aka Dimitri De Luca, the owner of the island and the creator of Pleasure Bay.  You will also meet his team that makes everything happen.  Including Mariah, who is his guest relations manager and the submissive he has been waiting for… forever. 
In the first book we also feature three guest fantasies which range from sweetly romantic to fiery kink.  If you like spanking, dungeon play and intensely HOT scenes, this is the book for you.  But as Melody and I require, there is a lot of romance, yummy Doms and even a plot. 

MP: For me, Pleasure Bay isn’t just a place where those with kinky desires and ambitions can come to fulfill their fantasies. It’s one mans dream to change the lives of those who put their trust in him, especially sexy little Mariah. Those who visit Pleasure Bay do not just go away with stated smiles on their face, they leave knowing they’ve made some good friends and sometimes find themselves in the kind of relationship they’ve always been searching for.

Q3 Is this the first time either of you have co authored?

MT:  Yes. I have done boxed sets before, including The Sons of Johnny Hastings, which had an ordinary theme and one intertwining scene, but for the most part they were all individually authored and are stand alones.

MP: Yes, and I’d do it again. It was FUN. I really feel that working with Maddie has broadened my abilities and helped me to refine my style and technique as a writer.  We both seem to excel in different areas, which in my opinion, has made our book stronger/better.

Q4 What did you like best and least about co-authoring?

MT:  Best-The rapport and work ethic that Melody and I share are awesome.  We also play off each others strengths, I have to say that Melody has a very vivid imagination, which is my way of saying she is a kink hound.  So she adds a lot of zest to the story. 
Worst-technical challenges, especially at first.  We are looking into an interactive program like Google docs for next time where we can work in the file at the same time without having to send files back and forth.

MP:  Best- What I really liked most was the interaction. Passing our scenes and chapters back and forth. I think Maddie and I played well off of each others scenes. I recall an email one evening from her that left me laughing my head off. She had just finished reading a scene. She really liked it because  the comment she gave me had something to do with melting the panties off of kindles around the world.
It was also a marvellous help when it came time for editing. Maddie really has a flair for great prose and adding sensuality. Where as I—as Maddie claims, am a kink hound.
Worst- When Maddie lost the manuscript. Of course I had a copy of it so nothing was lost except for 2 days worth of major edits. I stayed up half the night finding her programs that would help her recover those files. But they didn’t work. I’ve brushed up on Google Docs. Sounds like a better solution for the next book. Although I am still considering the vulnerabilities of leaving an entire manuscript on an open server.  (It’s like leaving your script lay open in a public library)

Q5 Come on ladies, dish the dirt, was there ever times you wanted to strangle one another, say for tardiness, or for running off in a different direction than the one planned?

MT:  Actually, there were no homicidal moments that I know of, but we’ll see what Melody has to say.  LOL  The most difficult part was the file sharing as I mentioned above.  I lost a file once with a LOT of data.  I went nuts, but Melody talked me through it.  We had a timeline and for the most part stuck to it.  We also spoke on the phone often and IM’d and emailed so it was really very painless.  As Mel often said, it took more time to edit than it did to write.

MP: Oh, Tara, you naughty girl trying to get us to give up the dirty parts. Nope, can’t do it. You’ll have to read the book for those. (I’m kidding of course)
There was a hair raising moment after we got our first round of edits back from the publisher but not between Maddie and me. Most of the suggested edits and revisions were as expected and not hard to fix. But they wanted more content for a couple of my characters, which meant I needed to write a whole extra chapter. This happened over the weekend of the 4th of July and we had company for the whole week. It was nearly impossible for me to write because I need peace and quiet to do so. Amid the turmoil of that my computer crapped out and I was using what I like to call a band-aid fix until I could replace it. It took me the whole week to get that extra chapter done. I felt bad because I was holding up our progress.

Q6 How did you organize the sharing? Did you write a chapter each one after the other, in response to the previous, or did you do different voices or manage it some other way?

MT:  There are 4 couples in the story so we each took 2.  I’ll let the readers see if they can tell who wrote whom – is that right?  Anyway, then we beta read for each other making suggestions like; what if he did this, or this might sound better if, or Ew can we find another word for that?  LOL  So in the end it is really a mixture of both of us and I hope it comes across that way.

MP: We each wrote our own characters for the most part. During our talks on the phone we collaborated the story and then after we’d each write our characters according to what we discussed for that week. At that time we didn’t have any chapters configured or laid out. Just a general idea of how it was all going to come together. After all of our scenes were done, we had a lengthy discussion of how they were all going to fit. Maddie was great at suggesting how the chapters should fall into line and I compiled and pulled together our first rough draft. After that the file sharing got a bit tricky because one of us would always have a more updated version of the manuscript thus making it hard for me to work on things while Maddie was also working on things.  This is where the process slowed down a little because we had to wait on each other to see where we were at in the manuscript in order to avoid one or both of us having to rework things unnecessarily.
So although we each have certain characters that are uniquely tied to the author we changed a lot when it came to editing and that’s when our work started to mix, meld and melt together so well it’s really hard to tell that two separate authors wrote it.  Although I must say, for those who read our blogs will know whose characters are whose. LOL

Q7 How did you organise it so one could work ahead if the other was delayed?

MT:  Since we wrote different roles, the only challenge was when they interacted.  We wrote our sections, then merged them and tweaked.  So, it was really easy peasy!

MP: As I think I touched on earlier, the only time things got delayed was during the edits. I felt that when we both tried to edit at the same time there was a lot of rework.  But it wasn’t bad considering neither of us had ever co-authored a book before.

Q8 My observations from previous experience of both your work is that you both write some very hot BDSM, but I would say Maddie’s is a little more light, almost friendly BDSM and Melody’s a little more dark or intense. How do you think your different styles crossover in your joint venture?

MT:  that’s a good question.  Since our guests wanted different fantasies we matched the fantasies to our strengths and style, which might help you answer the who wrote what question above.  We’ll see.
MP: This is one of the things that made the joint venture so much fun, Tara. Pleasure Bay really does offer something for everyone. I was speaking with a reader the other day who read the book the first day it came out. I was curious and couldn’t help myself so I asked her a question pertaining to one of my ‘darker’ natured scenes. She admitted it made her cringe a little, but she still likes the couple. That it would not put her off from buying this book or suggesting it to anyone else who she thinks might enjoy such things. So all in all I think our styles gelled really well together and a lot of people are going to love this book. I love this book because with our talents combined we pack a wicked punch.

Q9 I know I’m putting the cart before the horse here, considering you have only just released this book, but it sounds to me that this could be the making of a series, after all, there are endless fantasies that can be catered for.  What are your plans for Pleasure Bay?

MT: Our plans from the beginning have always been to have a series.  As you read you will meet a lot of characters who can have future stories and fantasies, some of my favorites would be Gunnar the sadist with the bullwhip (sorry to blow your theory about my light and friendly BDSM, but that one was mine  LOL  Melody is corrupting me.)  Or there is Chef Byron, imagine a kinky Hell’s Kitchen fantasy.  Oh Gordon, uh I mean Byron!  J  Who else? Vance the security chief, Doctor Grayson, or Gracie Snow?  Or even the naughty prince at the end.  The skies the limit!

MP: I’m going to enjoy seeing what Maddie does with Gunnar the sadist with the bullwhip… *Smirks* In fact, Maddie, according to a couple of reviews, readers are asking for Gunnar and Chef Byron. One review offered that you add some characters that will sweeten him up. LOL. So yes, I see Pleasure Bay developing into something people look forward to getting more and more of.

Q10 Would you go to Pleasure Bay if it was real? And if so, what would be your fantasy?

MT:  Yes!!!!  But, I’m married so my kinky fantasy would include my husband.  However, Master D could make whatever we dreamed of come true.  Um, can someone loan me twenty-five grand???


MP: Being the kink hound? Need you ask? I’d be there in a New York Minute. Right after I borrowed half the money from my bestest coauthor Maddie Taylor. As for my fantasy… Hmmm… how does a girl narrow such a wide scope of possibilities down to just one? I’m going to be bold here and let out more than I should but I’d want ménage. MfM… yes, I’m greedy that way. 

I'd like to thank you both for taking the time to answer my questions and satisfy curiosity. It has been wonderful having you here. I'm going to bow out gracefully and give you two the last words with your wonderful excerpt that you've been kind enough to share with my readers. 


Excerpt:

In this clip, Syndey Greene who has come to Pleasure Bay to fulfill a long held spanking fantasy by a strong minded dominant man. She may have found in sexy Jaxon St. Clair more than she expected. 

A waitress came up.
“How much have you had to drink, Sydney, including on the plane?”
“Two glasses of champagne, one here and another earlier on the flight in from Kingston.”
“You’re done then, you may order something non-alcoholic.”
A moment later, the server left with their order for two ice waters with lemon.
Jaxon explained, “I’m not being a hard ass. There is a two-drink limit when playing. We want everything SSC, which can’t happen when you’re lit.”
She nodded. SSC; she remembered what that meant. Oh, boy! This was real. It was actually happening, not just a wild, made-up fantasy.
His hand covered hers and squeezed gently. “Relax, honey. This is going to be fun, for both of us.”
“You said ‘we’ before? Are you one of the club members?”
“I’m actually on staff here.”
“Oh, I thought—” What had she thought? She just assumed her partner would be one of the other guests, maybe someone from the plane. As a staff dom, he wouldn’t be looking for anything beyond the weekend. She’d be able to play and explore without any strings attached. That was a good thing, right?
“You were originally assigned to a club member, but he had a personal matter come up at the last minute, so I stepped in.” His eyes gleamed in the moonlight as he watched her. “Disappointed?”
“Not at all,” she denied, but was she?
“Sir.”
“I’m not disappointed, sir.”
“Much better. I think this is a good time for a bit of negotiation. My goal is for you to get everything you need. I was able to review your file and have a few questions. I understand the basic D/s spanking fantasy, but I noticed you had a lot of maybes on your limit list.”
He reached into the inside pocket of his light gray suit coat and pulled out a familiar paper. She recognized her writing immediately.
“Paddle, no. Flogger, no—strap, slapper, loopy Johnny, tawse, and whips, all no. That doesn’t leave much but my hand, honey.”
“Yes, sir.”


Blurb and buy link 

Dimitri De Luca is in the business of meeting needs—the kind of needs that people blush to discuss—and at Pleasure Bay, the BDSM-themed resort he owns on a private Caribbean island, business is good. With the help of his guest relations expert, Mariah Charmant, the pricey oasis promises an experience like no other. But Dimitri has something he needs as well… Mariah.

Mariah has been hurt before, and even as she makes one perfect match after another for others, she wonders if she can trust herself with her own heart. Despite the darkness of her past, she longs for Dimitri to claim her and dominate her completely, but can she bring herself to call him her master?

Publisher’s Note: Pleasure Bay is an erotic novel that includes spankings, anal play, sexual scenes, extensive BDSM content, and more. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book.

  
Buy on:  Amazon.com



Learn more about Maddie Taylor @:





Learn more about and follow Melody Parks @”









No comments:

Post a Comment